Treat Bad Breath with Our Simple Solutions
Bad breath is a fact of life. But thankfully, we can help you track down the cause.
- Improve your confidence
- Prevent health care issues from spiralling
- Protect your health in the long run
- Establish a health routine
- Discover simple solutions
Whether it be from your cherished morning coffee or those onions you had in your lunch salad, bad breath happens to all of us. However, when a mint or mouthwash doesn't seem to help, and we begin noticing persistent, recurring bad breath, this can have a severe impact on our relationships, career, and confidence.
So, what causes bad breath?
Also known as halitosis, bad breath may be a chronic or temporary problem caused by poor dental hygiene, pungent foods and beverages, smoking, dry mouth and more.
Bad breath may also occur from underlying health conditions like
- Periodontal disease
- A sinus infection
- Postnasal drainage
- Chronic bronchitis
- Sleep apnea
- Gastroesophageal reflux disorder
Thankfully, in most cases, with a few simple fixes, you can rid yourself of bad breath and get back to laughing, talking and smiling with confidence.
To Prevent Bad Breath, We Recommend
- Using an antimicrobial mouthwash to kill bacteria
- Staying hydrated to prevent a dry mouth
- Cleaning dentures, mouth guards and retainers daily
- Replacing your toothbrush every three months
- Ditching the cigarettes and cigars
And finally, the big one for preventing bad breath: scheduling a dental cleaning at Grand Terrance dental every six months!
Regular dental cleanings are the key to banishing lousy breath and restoring your ability to go about life free of bad breath woes. We can also show you techniques and devices to ensure you're getting the most out of your at-home dental hygiene practices.